Main research objectives are:
1. Environment and economic activity estimation in terms of analysis of business processes occurring on the paid TV & hardware market in Ukraine.
The research period is 2003-2007.
2. Revelation of development tendencies of the Ukrainian paid TV & hardware market, expediency definition and possibilities of investors penetrate to it in conditions of turbulent market environment.
The general trends and development forecasts of the Ukrainian market of cable and satellite TV hardware are considered over near-term outlook.
1. Reports of the Ministry of Transport and Communications of Ukraine, the National Television and Radio Broadcasting Council of Ukraine, Cable television union of Ukraine.
2. Companies press releases, branch and expert estimations of mass-media.
3. Own informational resource and extensive enterprises database of Information Agency «CredInform North-West ».
This review is dedicated to description of hardware market in Ukraine, basic equipment manufacturers of cable and satellite TV are considered as well. Question of export equipment deliveries for satellite and cable TV to Russia in 2008(10) (external antenna system) is studied.
Also the review contains estimations and market participants’ opinions on occurring situations, and information on leading players of hardware market for cable and satellite TV.
Paid TV market that contains cable and satellite TV segments is a basic consumer of hardware production. In this connection a state and development trends of paid TV market, capacity, technologies of television transmission were considered. Segment of cable and satellite TV is separately considered as well.
Development of hardware market completely depends on demand growth for it by users of paid digital TV market. So, capacity of cable and satellite TV market in Ukraine grows on the average at 25-40% a year at average revenue per user at level about $4-6. In 2008 the market volume reached according to preliminary data to 463 million hryvnias. Although, experts claim the market capacity is more than twice.
About 20 operators with users base in 100 thousand people provide 20% of branch income.
Now about 8% of households accept a signal through satellite whereas on a cable share – 32%.
Development impact of paid TV market and that of hardware will be realization of the «Adoption program of digital video broadcast in Ukraine to 2015».
The brief information on the leading companies of the Ukrainian cable and satellite TV hardware market and that of operators of TV is presented in the report as well.
To check up reliability of any firm in Russia and Ukraine and to receive more detailed information on it everyone can address directly in «CredInform North-West» or use on-line at Agency website.
Having problems with accounts receivable – Agency’s specialists have long-term experience to resolve them.
To guarantee information resources availability for the purpose of subsequent administrative decisions making, Agency notes that prices are reduced on entire range of completed marketing researches in preceding years within 10%-30%.